PROBLEM: Only 2 of 4 cores used on IBM Cell blades and no threads shown in spufs

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Tue Apr 23 23:16:53 EST 2013

Hello!

Am Dienstag, 23. April 2013, 13:51:55 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> Am Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:12:47 +1000
> schrieb Michael Ellerman <michael at ellerman.id.au>:
> > On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:44:13PM +0200, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > For me it is fixed by applying the following patch, it should be in
> > v3.10:
> I am currently compiling the patched kernel. Will report back with the
> results later.

Thanks! The patch has the intended result on my Linux 3.8.8 kernel. All 4 CPU
cores are now being used and the cellminer hashrate went up from 42Mh/s to
62Mh/s (with 2 PPE and 16 SPE threads, just as before).

Could it be backported, especially to 3.8?

Again - thanks for your work and quick reply,
Dennis