R: Re: PCI device not working

Davide Viti zinosat at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 27 21:43:29 EST 2012

Hi,

>So its odd that scanning of the second bus didn't report any devices.  Do
you have code that implements ppc_md.pci_exclude_device ?

not that I'm aware
of

>You might also want to put some code in the indirect PCI ops (indirect.c)
to see what actual values you are getting from various indirect_read_config()
calls.

To make sure that  ppc_md.pci_exclude_device is not implemented, I've
put some printouts inside  indirect_read_config(): I print various parameters
when the function is called, and when it returns and note that:

 1.
indirect_read_config() is called 422 times:
     174 times for
[/pcie at ffe0a000] (controller where the device is not detected)
     248 times
for [/pcie at ffe09000]
 2. ppc_md.pci_exclude_device is always NULL
 3. the
function always returns with PCIBIOS_SUCCESSFUL
 4. the only call to
indirect_read_config() inside which  bus_no=0x3, returns with the following
log:

pci_bus 0001:03: scanning bus
-> ind_r_config - [/pcie at ffe0a000]
devfn=0x0 len=0x4 hose->indirect_type=0x16 hose->first_busno=0x2 bus-
>number=0x3
 -> ind_r_config [/pcie at ffe0a000] - (bus_no=0x3 reg=0x0
cfg_data=0xffffffff len=0xff7eb004) val=0x4 PCIBIOS_SUCCESSFUL

the entire
log is about 116Kb and is available in [1] or [2] (didn't feel like pasting so
much data on the ML)
thanx alot,

Davide

[1] http://pastebin.com/JaPGmmfs
[2]
http://paste2.org/p/2273728

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/