linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (net-next tree related)

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Sun Sep 23 06:00:27 EST 2012

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 07:46:40 +1000

> Right, but on ppc, GFP_DMA is a nop (no separate ZONE_DMA, or rather all
> of memory is ZONE_DMA). It's always been like that afaik.
>
> We could support ISA device limited addressability using the iommu but
> that would involve a map/unmap type API (which I remember we did support
> in the old days by passing NULL to pci_map_*, but we dropped that along
> the way).

I think I'm going to just end up restricting this driver to X86
as was originally suggested.

There seems to be no real consistent Kconfig protection for users
of isa_virt_to_bus() and friends.

We know that ISA_DMA_API doesn't do it, and ISA doesn't do it either
as powerpc also allows that to bet set for CHRP and friends.

Thanks.