PCI device not working

Davide Viti zinosat at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 21 21:33:40 EST 2012

Hi,
I'm working on a custom board based on P1020 with two (identical) PCI
devices attached;
The work is derived from another board with a single instance of that
device.
The system is based on u-boot-2009.11 and Linux 2.6.34.6

The "pci" command on u-boot, shows me both the PCI controllers and
the attached devices:

Scanning PCI devices on bus 0
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
00.00.00   0x1957     0x0100     Processor               0x20

Scanning PCI devices on bus 1
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
01.00.00   0x1b65     0xabba     Network controller      0x80

Scanning PCI devices on bus 2
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
02.00.00   0x1957     0x0100     Processor               0x20

Scanning PCI devices on bus 3
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
03.00.00   0x1b65     0xabba     Network controller      0x80

The kernel detects only the first instance of the device.

Didn't get very far while looking at dts file and kernel logs, so I'm
asking for some help on narrowing down the problem.

I'm wondering if I can assume that the problem is restricted to
kernel/dts and avoid concentrating on uboot.
I can provide any log (didn't want to post tons of details on the first
message)

Thanx in advance for your help,
regards

Davide