[PATCH -V7 0/12] arch/powerpc: Add 64TB support to ppc64
Aneesh Kumar K.V
aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 4 19:01:17 EST 2012
This patchset include patches for supporting 64TB with ppc64. I haven't booted
this on hardware with 64TB memory yet. But they boot fine on real hardware with
less memory. Changes extend VSID bits to 38 bits for a 256MB segment
and 26 bits for 1TB segments.
Changes from V6:
* rebase to latest upstream (5b716ac728bcc01b1f2a7ed6e437196602237c27)
Changes from v5:
* Address review feedback
Changes from v4:
* Drop patch "arch/powerpc: properly offset the context bits for 1T segemnts"
based on review feedback
* split CONTEXT_BITS related changes from patch 12
* Add a new doc update patch
Changes from v3:
* Address review comments.
* Added new patch to ensure proto-VSID isolation between kernel and user space
Changes from V2:
* Fix few FIXMEs in the patchset. I have added them as separate patch for
easier review. That should help us to drop those changes if we don't agree.
Changes from V1:
* Drop the usage of structure (struct virt_addr) to carry virtual address.
We now represent virtual address via vpn which is virtual address shifted
right 12 bits.
More information about the Linuxppc-dev