linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-ppc tree with the powerpc-merge tree

Timur Tabi B04825 at freescale.com
Fri Oct 12 02:55:42 EST 2012

Alexander Graf wrote:

> This is about kvm_host.h, which is the part that is exported to user
> space. It usually contains constants and structs that are required for
> the API.

Which API?  I'm not familiar with KVM internals.

My concern is that when I think of a user-space header file, I think of a
user-space application that calls ioctls.  I know that KVM guest kernels
run as user-space processes, but that does not seem like a reason to
combine all of the header files that the KVM guest kernel needs with
"real" user-space header files.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale