kilauea compilation breaks with v3.3 kernel and ELDK 4.2

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Mar 22 09:14:03 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 02:10:59PM +0200, Robert Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Up to 3.2.x I was able to compile a mainline kernel for the kilauea
> board, but...
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=linux-denx.git;a=commitdiff;h=075bcf5879225d0c2a119c23d8046b890e051e81
>
> shows, that mfdcrx was introduced in the v3.3 kernel.
>
> The problem is that for ppc-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.2.2 (which comes with the
> ELDK 4.2) this assembly instruction is not known and the build breaks.

If the instruction is available on your platform but not in your
toolchain we can do something ugly (as we hav in the past) and replace
"mfdrcx" with ".long xxxx".  That will bypass the compiler breakage.

> What puzzles me is that also stuff for boards is being compiled which is
> not really needed like treeboot-currituck.c even when I configure the
> kernel for a kilauea board.

Can you either propvide the config file or the name of the config target
so I look into why it's enabling the currituck platform.

Yours Tony