linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (powerpc related)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jun 21 16:24:56 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 15:36 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:

> powerpc64-linux-ld: /src/next/net/openvswitch/vport-netdev.c:189:(.text+0x89b990):
>         sibling call optimization to `_restgpr0_28' does not allow automatic multiple TOCs;
>         recompile with -mminimal-toc or -fno-optimize-sibling-calls, or make `_restgpr0_28' extern
>

> And those are generated calls so I don't see how we can fix them.

Is this a module ? We should really be linking that stuff directly with the module....

The interesting thing is that we do build everything except a handful of
files with -mminimal-toc unless something's wrong with our main Makefile....

Can you show the full build command that triggers the above ?

Cheers,
Ben.