[driver-core:driver-core-linus 6/6] drivers/firmware/iscsi_ibft_find.o: In function `kmsg_dump_rewind': (.text+0x18): multiple definition of `kmsg_dump_rewind'

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Sat Jun 16 11:15:50 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:02:55 +0800 wfg at linux.intel.com wrote:

> Kernel build failed on
>
> tree:   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-core.git driver-core-linus
> head:   e2ae715d66bf4becfb85eb84b7150e23cf27df30
> commit: e2ae715d66bf4becfb85eb84b7150e23cf27df30 [6/6] kmsg - kmsg_dump() use iterator to receive log buffer content
> config: i386-randconfig-usb1 (attached as .config)

Please have a good look at what you are sending out.  I don't understand
why this report has come to linuxppc-dev (the patch touches an
arch/powerpc file, but none of the problems reported are in that file).
You should put the .config on a web site somewhere and include the URL and
you should not include the whole patch (these were all quite large) -
people can find them given a tree and commit (like above).

And you sent out 7 reports for the same patch!

I approved this bunch, but will not (unless pressured) approve any more.
This scatter gun automated approach is like the boy crying wolf.

I appreciate the effort, but please tone down the reports considerably.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au