MPC8308RDB spi not working

Lavoie, Bruce blavoie at zygo.com
Sat Jul 28 03:27:48 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm working on a MPC8308RDB evaluation board using the Freescale LTIB
2.6.29 kernel that ships with the board.  The board support package as
it comes does not support the SPI interface.  I've been working with the
spi_mpc83xx.c file and I found an open firmware patch, which appears to
be working at a glance.  I'm trying to get the spidev.c user interface
working, but it's not invoking the probe function.  I'm tracing thru
with GDB and see that the spi_driver is getting initialized correctly
prior to calling driver_register, but for some reason "probe" is just
not getting invoked.

I'm hoping someone has run into this problem and could provide some
assistance.  I've exhausted my google searching and I'm not able to find
a solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission and any documents accompanying this e-mail transmission may contain information from Zygo Corporation which is confidential privileged and/or controlled by export regulations.  The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail information is strictly prohibited, and the documents should be returned to Zygo Corporation immediately.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately by e-mail at the address set forth above.