rionet driver with MMIO DMA capability

Vineeth vneethv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:15:56 EST 2012

Hi,

With kernel mainstream version 3.5.rc-5 there's SRIO low level driver with
DMA support for MMIO. But the rionet driver in the same kernel version
doesnt support MMIO.

We are trying to find the maximum bandwidth that we can achieve using our
custom board's(quad MPC8641 )  4-lane SRIO.
Now we are worried how to use this SRIO low level driver effectively ?

The RIOnet driver (with 3.5.-rc5) uses message based communication. This
doesnt use the DMA capability of low level driver. with this we are getting
a bandwidth of nearly 900Mbps, which is very less.

Is there any example code or modified middle ware driver for rionet/ or any
code which uses the low level driver apis with MMIO DMA??

Thanks
Vineeth