Efika (mpc5200b): sound doesn't build/work from linux-2.6.38.x

Tabi Timur-B04825 B04825 at freescale.com
Mon Feb 6 02:25:00 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM, acrux <acrux_it at libero.it> wrote:

> as i said [1] it seems to be fixed only in 3.x instead the last working one is the obsolete 2.6.36.x .
> Anyway, alog the sound/soc/fsl/mpc5200_dma.c now builds the sound is still broken.

Ok, I missed that part in your email.

The Efika sound driver was not being compiled by default for a very
long time, so I think everyone just forgot about it.  I posted a patch
to enable it by default and fix the compilation errors, but I'm pretty
sure that it's succumbed to bit rot.  ALSA has changed, especially
with the introduction of device trees, and so now someone needs to fix
the Efika driver.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale