tqm5200s phy link toggles between up and down

Johannes Braun jjo.braun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:01:24 EST 2012

>> This is not really a new kernel.

Yes this is right. But it is the first Kernel which supports our
wireless card without problems.

>> Is it a PHY or a switch? If is a switch you need to configure a fixed
>> link to the switch. This can be done via dts file.

According to the marvell website it is a switch with integrated phy.

> Here is an example:

> http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.7.1/arch/powerpc/boot/dts/charon.dts#L129

I had a look at this example and compared it to my *.dtb file. The
difference was, the fixed-link tag in the section ethernet at 3000 { ...
};.
I added "fixed-link = <1 1 100 0 0>;" to my tqm5200.dtb and now it works.

I am new to powerpc development and I hope it is ok to ask what this
fixed-link with the numbers "1 1 100 0 0" does? Is it the address to
the PHY?