PS3 platform is broken on Linux 3.7.0

Phileas Fogg phileas-fogg at mail.ru
Fri Dec 14 23:35:06 EST 2012

 Hi,

I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that the PS3 platform is broken on Linux 3.7.0.

i'm not able to boot Linux 3.7.0 on my PS3 slim. Linux 3.6.10 boots just fine but not 3.7.0
When i try to boot Linux 3.7.0 then my PS3  shuts down.

So i cloned the Linux powerpc GIT repository and tried to find out which commits broke the PS3 platform.
After some time I tracked it down to 2 commits:

commit 407821a34fce89b4f0b031dbab5cec7d059f46bc