Philipp Ittershagen p.ittershagen at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:13:24 EST 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Carlos Munoz <cmunoz at sablenetworks.com> wrote:
> You could build a tarball containing the root files system, dtb, Linux,
> plus a header indicating where the different pieces need to be loaded.
> Then your initial code loads the different parts at the right memory
> locations, sets up the Linux arguments, and jumps to Linux.

That is exactly what the firmware-independent simpleImage.initrd.*
targets already do. The resulting elf file include the dtb and initrd
as well as a prompt-like boot arg cli.
I think it will be possible to just place the simpleImage.initrd.*
into you memory and let the existing code jump to the start adress of
the elf image. I managed to start a ppc core using JTAG and the
simpleImage.initrd elf files and I think the procedure is very much
the same but instead of the JTAG debugger setting the PC to the start
address, your startup code has to do it.

Philipp