[patch 0/4] powerpc: Mark various interrupts IRQF_NO_THREAD

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Thu Oct 6 00:29:50 EST 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 12:30:49PM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> The following series marks the obvious interrupts IRQF_NO_THREAD to
> prevent forced interrupt threading - no guarantee of completeness :)
>
> The last patch enables the forced threading mechanism in the core
> code, which in turn enables the "irqthreaded" commandline option.

Is there any description of what "interrupt threading" means?

I'm only looking for a pointer to a web page, a mailing list thread
(I am no more subscribed to lkml, too many things to do, so maybe
it has been discussed but it comes out of the blue on linuxppc-dev),
or a well commented git commit?

>From followups, I see that cascaded interrupt controller should
not be threaded. I suspect that the private VME bridge driver
(Universe chip) I maintain here will need it: clients request
a given VME interrupt (level/vector) and specify an interrupt
handler which is called by the handler for the PCI interrupt.

	Regards,
	Gabriel