Support for multiple MSI interrupts on MPC8377

Giffel, Brad Brad.Giffel at hbm.com
Thu Nov 3 08:02:34 EST 2011

I'm working a project using a Spartan 6 FPGA with a PCIe interface and
MSI interrupts.  I want to use multiple MSI interrupts (MSI-X is not
supported in the FPGA PCIe core) but the current Linux distribution
(3.0.8) prevents that (lines 23 to 25 in arch/powerpc/kernel/msi.c).

What's the story here?  Is the code in place but not tested?  I tried
commenting out those lines but a request_irq() called failed for the
second interrupt requested.  Am I wasting my time here?  Should I
re-architect to use a single MSI interrupt?

            Thanks,

            - Brad