MPC8308 bursting question

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Sat May 28 06:29:50 EST 2011

Hi David,

> Read my MPC8349EA UPM setup notes and see if you have used
> similar settings (I assume the local bus UPMs are similar):

I found you paper interesting.  I didn't have a problem with my UPM
settings, single beat reads and writes worked just fine, however it did
tickle my memory and helped me find what was wrong.  Turns out that the
person who was responsible for the BAx/ORx registers for this chip select
had set the BI bit a long time ago, before we were contemplating doing
what we're currently doing.  The code had been reviewed and signed off, so
in my back brain I was thinking everything there was good.

When I read your paper, it mentioned the BI bit which got me to thinking.
Sure enough, when I looked it was set.  Soon as I  cleared that bit, my
burst transactions started working just fine.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce