mpc8250 kernel booting

suresh chandra bdebug at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 07:44:52 EST 2011

Hi All,
I am having a strange serial console issue while booting Linux 2.6.38 and
Linux 2.6.34.8

We are using customized board based on MPC8250 , Console on  SCC 1 and root
file system on ramdisk.
We are using U-boot for loading Linux.
Soon after u-boot handles control over to kernel, nothing comes on serial
port until I hit <ENTER> key
Then once again kernel pauses at "NET:Registered protocol family 17" and
proceeds after hitting  <ENTER> key.
One more time Kernel pauses at "Freeing unused kernel memory: 156k init"
until I hit <ENTER> key.
I attached serial capture for your reference.

I want my board to boot with out user intervention. Please help me in
finding a solution.

Thanks,
Suresh