any chance to use a modern linux kernel on Pegasos1 G3 ?

Sven Luther sven.luther at z-innov.com
Wed Mar 16 08:41:49 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 09:08:55PM +0100, Gerhard Pircher wrote:

> > Well, since this is long dead hardware not produced anymore, i don't see
> > how the OF could have unbroken itself by moving to powerpc.
> >
> > It has been age since i looked into this, but to the best of my knowledge
> > (and i wrote the above code or at least the earlier versions) it should
> > be still broken.
> Any idea then, how the workaround can be ported to arch/powerpc/ or if
> there is a better one available?

Sorry, it has been years since i looked these parts of the linux kernel, so i don't really
know how the arch/powerpc code handles this differently. Your best guess is to hunt for the
code yourself, and find the place. I don't remember though if debugging at that time is
easily possible though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther