fsl_udc_core not initializing properly?

Matthew L. Creech mlcreech at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:47:35 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Anatolij Gustschin <agust at denx.de> wrote:

> Can you please apply the attached patch, then build with your
> linux.config and send me the kernel boot log? It will help to
> fix the issue.

Actually, this kernel seems to work:

Freescale PowerQUICC MII Bus: probed
tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk at qualcomm.com>
fsl_usb2_mph_dr_of_probe
Freescale High-Speed USB SOC Device Controller driver (Apr 20, 2007)
fsl_udc_probe
g_ether gadget: using random self ethernet address

Oddly enough, the kernel I tried last week did the same thing (I
hard-coded "obj-y += usb/host/" into drivers/Makefile), but I had a
printk() at the top of fsl_udc_probe() that never got called.

Oh, I see the difference now: you added the usb/host/ entry before
usb/gadget/, while I added it afterward...  I forgot that link order
determines initialization order in the kernel.

Anyway, seems to work fine.  :)  Thanks Antolij!

--
Matthew L. Creech