ongoing mesh saga ...

kevin diggs diggskevin38 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 05:04:17 EST 2011

Hi,

While trying to figure out why the MESH SCSI controller will not work
with the 4.3.5 compiler but will work when compiled with 4.1.2, I
noticed some ... unfortunate behavior from the 4.3.5 compiler. Before
I try to see if I can fix it (i.e. the compiler), it would be nice to
see if the "issue" still exists.

Is there any chance someone with a compiler newer than 4.3.5 would be
willing to get me -S output from a mesh compile (preferably not a
module unless it does not make any difference) for 2.6.36. Using:

head -1 <top>/drivers/scsi/.mesh.o.cmd

you can get a command line which can then be edited to get a script to
do a -S compile (watch out for the '\#' in KBUILD_STR(s)).

Thanks!

kevin