Per process DSCR + somefixes (try#3)

Alexey Kardashevskiy aik at au1.ibm.com
Wed Mar 2 17:15:16 EST 2011

On 02/03/11 16:47, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> BTW. I suppose it's an expected behaviour that thread created with a
> given default value will keep that value even when the default is later
> changed right ? And their descendents will use the same default as the
> original thread, not the new default, at least that's how I read your
> code :-) Maybe that should be documented somewhere...

That's right. The idea was to let one set of
processes-which-do-not-access-dscr-directly to work+fork with one value
and other set to work+fork with another value. I have no idea who and
how is going to use it though. Hope the HPC team tells me if something
is wrong :-)

--
Alexey Kardashevskiy
IBM OzLabs, LTC Team

e-mail/sametime: aik at au1.ibm.com
notes: Alexey Kardashevskiy/Australia/IBM