[gianfar]bandwidth management problem on mpc8313 based board

Vijay Nikam vijay.t.nikam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:51:03 EST 2011

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

> What's your CPU utilization?  The CPU may just not be able to keep up with
> that much traffic, with the software you're running.
The software I am using to check bandwidth is 'iperf'. Without running iperf the
CPU utilization varies around 30-50% and with iperf running it shoots
upto 99.9%.

> What packet size are you using?
The packet size is - 1518 + VLAN_Tag (4Bytes) = 1522 Bytes

Another point which I would like to clear is that mpc8313 has eth0 (eTsec1) of
1Gbps, if more than 50% of CPU Time is available then why the total bandwidth
should limit to less than 100 Mbps?  At least 400Mbps should be expected, please
correct if I am wrong!

Please acknowledge, thanks.

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam