3.0-rc1: powerpc hangs at Kernel virtual memory layout

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Mon Jun 6 12:11:18 EST 2011

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 at 17:33, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> It -looks- to me that something goes wrong in the tty code when a large
> file is piped through a pty, causing the kernel to hang for minutes in
> the workqueue / ldisk flush code. I've just sent an initial report to
> Alan Cox about it and am currently bisecting it.

This was the "tty vs workqueue oddities" thread, right? FWIW,
55db4c64eddf37 ("Revert "tty: make receive_buf() return the amout of bytes
received"") seems to have fixed it on this powerpc machine as well.

With your "ssb: pci: Don't call PCIe specific workarounds on PCI cores"
patch applied, powerpc32 seems to be quite happy with 3.0-rc1+

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #382:

Someone was smoking in the computer room and set off the halon systems.