3.0-rc1: powerpc hangs at Kernel virtual memory layout

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Thu Jun 2 13:06:46 EST 2011

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 at 12:57, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Ok, thanks a lot, It looks rather trivial actually: That new workaround
> is PCIe specific but is called unconditionally, and will do bad things
> non-PCIe implementations.

Indeed. This PowerBook G4 does not has PCIe, yet the whole SSB thingy gets
enabled in my .config somehow. Thanks for the quick fix, I tried to revert
ccc7c28af2... from Linus' current tree, but I had to rip out some more to
make it compile.

I'll try your fix in a minute and get back to you with those cdrom init
problems as well.

Thanks,
Christian.
--