3.0-rc1: powerpc hangs at Kernel virtual memory layout

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Wed Jun 1 11:08:51 EST 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 at 17:48, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 at 10:25, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Hrm, I had it working on a pair of powerbooks yesterday. Can you try
> > something like "udbg-immortal" on your kernel command line to see if
> > that makes a difference in the output ?
>
> I'll try in a minute.

Wow, it really did make a difference:

  http://nerdbynature.de/bits/3.0-rc1/
  * linux-3.0_powerpc_2.jpg
  * linux-3.0_powerpc_2.mp4 (only a few(!) seconds long,
    best to view with the slider in VLC oder Quicktime, to
    get at least a grasp what lead to linux-3.0_powerpc_2.jpg)

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #45: