PCI EDAC on MPC85xx

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Jun 1 05:12:18 EST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
<dbaryshkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Long time ago (around July of 2010), I've reported a problem of binding
> pci error reporting driver to the hardware (See
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.edac/181). Grant Likely has
> come with a patch to create platform devices (of_platform at that time),
> for device_nodes which have "compatible" properties
> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc.embedded/36981).
>
> The patch was not applied at that time and the problem still arises at
> 3.0-rc1. Should the patch in question be applied, or is there any new
> solution?
> Current version of that patch which I have in my tree is attached
> to this mail (no original signoff by Grant).

Hi Dmitry,

I've since looked at the problem more, and I've been working on
refactoring both of_platform_bus_probe(), and creating a new function,
of_platform_populate(), which implements the symantics that I think
are needed for your use case.  The work isn't done yet, but it has
gone out for at least one round of review, and I hope to get it into
the 3.1 merge window.

g.