GPIO IRQ on P1022

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Sun Jul 31 20:38:22 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm running kernel 3.0 on a custom board based on Freescale P1022.
The interrupt line of on-board FPGA is connected to GPIO2_9. FPGA
IRQ is level, active low. The GPIOs are mapped like this:

GPIOs 160-191, /soc at ffe00000/gpio-controller at f200:

GPIOs 192-223, /soc at ffe00000/gpio-controller at f100:

GPIOs 224-255, /soc at ffe00000/gpio-controller at f000:

I've verified that pin mixing is done correctly, and the
FPGA IRQ line is indeed configured as GPIO.

I have the following code in my driver:

     #define FPGA_IRQ_GPIO 169

     err = gpio_request(FPGA_IRQ_GPIO, "FPGA IRQ");
     if (err) {
         printk(KERN_ERR "Failed to request FPGA IRQ GPIO, err=%d\n",
err);
         goto out;
     }

     gpio_direction_input(FPGA_IRQ_GPIO);

     irq = gpio_to_irq(FPGA_IRQ_GPIO);
     if (irq < 0) {
         printk(KERN_ERR "Failed to map FPGA GPIO to IRQ\n");
         goto out;
     }

     err = request_irq(irq, gsat_interrupt,
               IRQF_TRIGGER_FALLING, DRVNAME, priv);

     Interrupt handler reads FPGA interrupt status register to clear
interrupt
     and exits.

     What happens when I load my driver is single execution of
interrupt handler
     followed by system freeze. Even if I call disable_irq() in
interrupt handler the
     system still freezes.

     I've added some prints to mpc8xxx_gpio.c driver, here's what I get:

     mpc8xxx_gpio_to_irq: offset 9
     mpc8xxx_gpio_irq_map: virq 31
     irq: irq 9 on host /soc at ffe00000/gpio-controller at f200 mapped to
virtual irq 31
     mpc8xxx_irq_set_type: virq 9 flow_type 2
     mpc8xxx_irq_unmask: irq 9
     mpc8xxx_gpio_irq_cascade: irq 47
     mpc8xxx_irq_mask: irq 9
     mpc8xxx_irq_ack: irq 9