RFC: top level compatibles for virtual platforms

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jul 12 05:59:33 EST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Yoder Stuart-B08248
<B08248 at freescale.com> wrote:

> [...]

However, compatible values are cheap and while theoretically any
hypervisor could create a similar machine, the reality is probably
subtle difference between the implementations.  I'd rather see the
compatible reflect the specific implementation.

g.