750gx cpufreq induced kernel panic in 2.6.36

kevin diggs diggskevin38 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:59:05 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> You don't have a serial port ?

Yeah, just did not know what to do with them?

> If you do, use "sccdbg" on the kernel command line to route xmon to it,
> and boot with console=ttyPZ0,38400 (I think the old things default to
> 38400 bauds). Use the "modem" port.

Ok! Thanks!

One thing. The 2.6 driver for the serial ports on this machine does
not work very well. Can I use a slower speed to avoid missing stuff?

And I'll need to build the serial stuff into the kernel, right?

Thanks for the reply!