fsl-esdhc on P2020 weird endianess behavior

Elie De Brauwer eliedebrauwer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 18:52:27 EST 2011

On 01/24/11 04:26, tiejun.chen wrote:
> Elie De Brauwer wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have a P2020 processor on a custom board which uses the embedded
>> fsl-esdhc controller. Hardware-wise this is functional and in u-boot
>> everything seems to behave (mmc part 0 gives the correct partition table
>> and ext2ls/fatls are capable of reading the contents of the sd card).
>>
>> However as soon as I start Linux (2.6.36), I get all sorts of unwanted
>> behavior. Linux is unable to detect the partition layout (but if I do a
>
> Can you re-partition that under Linux? i.e, you can use fdisk to do this. Then
> I'm a bit curious what it'll be happened.

This was already partitioned under (x86) Linux, and when I plug it into
my laptop it sees the MBR (but also on target, in U-boot, the mmc part 0
command shows the correct partition table). And this does not explain
why the card registers (such as the scr pasted below) also seem to have
their endianess swapped, which will result in other side-effects, such
as improper reading of card capabilities.