Problem with Busybox shell

MohanReddy koppula mohanreddykv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:06:24 EST 2011

I further debugged and found that flush_to_ldisc() function is not
called which actually wakes up the readers. This is a worker function
and is not being scheduled. I suspected whether timer interrupts are
generated or not. powerpc uses decrementer exceptions as timer
interrupts. I see that timer_interrupt() function in
arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c is not called at all. I printed even
jiffies values and it is not incremented. And I beleivethis makes
scheduler is not scheduling this worker thread.

 I think if flush_to_ldisc is not called nothing can be read from the tty.

Please let me know what could be the reason for timer interrupt being
not called.

Thanks,
Mohan