mpc880 linux-2.6.32 slow running processes

Rafael Beims rbeims at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 03:35:38 EST 2011

> Once you have tested it and it works, please send a patch to remove the 8xx workaround.
> Make sure Scott is cc:ed

I tested linux-2.6.33 on my ppc880 board today, and even without the
slowdown.patch applied, the board runs processes with good
performance.
It really seems that the problem is solved from linux-2.6.33 on.

I'm not sure what you mean by sending a patch to remove the
workaround. The only thing that I did in the 2.6.32 version was to
apply the slowdown.patch attached in the message from Michael.

Could you clarify please?

Thanks for all the help so far,
Rafael