PowerPC MPC5200B ATA MWDMA regression

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Tue Jan 4 01:34:13 EST 2011

Hallo Tejun,

On Monday, 03.January.2011 14:59:29 Tejun Heo wrote:

> Which driver is it?

drivers/ata/pata_mpc52xx.c from the standard tree, 100% unchanged. As
I said, for the bisect I was using the original, unchanged
torvalds/master tree from git.kernel.org.

> You probably now want to use ata_bmdma_qc_issue() ...

I'm sorry, but if I would know about the details, and would know more
about ATA I would have tried to patch pata_mpc52xx.c by myself.

>  Even better, just send the driver upstream.

It has been there for a long while. You even patched it last summer.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Buero Muehlhausen
Breitwiesen                             73347 Muehlhausen