ppc_set_hwdebug vs ptrace_set_debugreg

K.Prasad prasad at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Jan 2 23:54:01 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 06:07:47PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "K.Prasad" <prasad at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>
> > How about the revised patch below? It is only compile-tested; have you
> > got a quick test case that I can run?
>
> It crashes the kernel when running the watch-vfork test.
>
> Andreas.

Hi Andreas,
	I tried running it multiple times but saw no crash (or error
messages in dmesg). Can you send me the crash logs? What's the behaviour
when the testcase is run on an unpatched kernel?

The watch-vfork test actually fails on my system (4 unexpected failures)
irrespective of the kernel containing the patch or not.

Thanks,
K.Prasad
P.S.: I'd been on vacation and couldn't look at this issue during then.