Ask a technical problem happened on PPC board

Lorenz Kolb linuxppcemb at lkmail.de
Sat Dec 31 22:16:36 EST 2011

Hi,

first of all: have you tried doing a standalone memory test application?
 From what I see you are using either a Virtex-4FX or Virtex-5FXT
device, correct?

So I'd highly recommend doing a standalone test prior to booting Linux
to verify the memory controller timings of the FPGA based SoC.

Apart from this: your Linux-Kernel and gcc seem to be pretty outdated.
Using a more recent Linux and toolchain often solves a lot of issues (my
experience, esp. with PowerPC Linux for Xilinx FPGAs).

Regards,

Lorenz
Missing Link Electronics