Help needed with porting ether-net driver from ADS5121 to TWR-MPC5125

G.H.Lee liguohu at live.com
Fri Dec 16 11:38:58 EST 2011

Hello, all

I am a new user of the board TWR-MPC5125 made by freescale. Now I am trying to porting the new kernel, i.e. the version 3.0.4, to this board. I have porting the serial driver and the nand flash driver successfully. And I can also mount the root file system. But I can not use the ether-net interface now. I have tried to port the ether-net driver based on the ether-net driver for ADS 5121, which is provided by the new kernel 3.0.4. The only thing I have to do in the porting is that I should change the MII mode in ADS5121 board to RMII mode in my board. And I find that I can send packages out if I use the "ping" command. But I can not receive any package for responding. And I also found that the interrupt routine for sending packages was running but the interrupt routine for receiving message was not called by the kernel. I don't know why.

Can anyone help me? Should I change some other codes beyond the ether-net driver? Someone told me that I should regulate the kernel because of the differences among the different kerenl versions if the MAC was integrated inside the SOC, which was the fatto in my board. But I don't know how to regulate.

B.T.W. : The hardware is good enough because I can use the ether net interface in u-boot and if using the kernel provided by freescale. Moreover, the u-boot is also good and I have not change it. So the ether net pins are configured correctly. But I have not porting the driver for DMA. But I think it is Ok because the "ping" command can be used correctly if using the kernel provided by freescale when I cancel the DMA driver when configuring the kernel.

Thanks.

Guohu Li