linux-next bad Kconfig for drivers/hid

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Thu Dec 15 21:08:08 EST 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Tony Breeds wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:21:16AM +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> > >
> > > Hm.  How about making it "depends on HID && POWER_SUPPLY"?  I think that
> > > would needlessly disable it if HID is also modular, but I'm not sure how
> > > to fix that.  "depends on HID && POWER_SUPPLY && HID == POWER_SUPPLY"?
>
> That would work, but I think technically I think you could end up with
> HID=m and POWER_SUPPLY=m which would still allow HID_BATTERY_STRENGTH=y
> which is the same problem.
>
> I don't know what kind of .config contortions you'd need to do to get
> there.
>
> > How about making it 'default POWER_SUPPLY' instead?
>
> By itself that wont help as POWER_SUPPLY=m statisfies.
>
> So it looks like we have Jeremy's:
> 	HID && POWER_SUPPLY && HID == POWER_SUPPLY

Tony,

have you actually tested this one to work in the configuration you have
been seeing it to fail?

I don't seem to be able to find any use of '==' in other Kconfig files
(and never used it myself), so I'd like to have confirmation that it
actually works and fixes the problem before I apply it :)

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs