Kernel boot up

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Aug 26 05:31:27 EST 2011

On 08/25/2011 02:57 AM, smitha.vanga at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> I am currently trying to bring up 2.6.39 kernel on a target based on MPC8247
> Processor, using the attched .dts  file . I get the below logs while the
> kernel is booting.
> I see that the unflattening of the device tree and the initial loading
> of the kernel and ramdisk file system is happening correctly. Can you
> point me where exactly I can look for this issue. I am attaching the
> .config and .dts file I am using.

Which error are you referring to?

> of-flash ff800000.flash: do_map_probe() failed

What kind of flash chip do you have?  Does the node in the device tree
accurately describe it (four interleaved 8-bit chips that only do JEDEC
and not CFI)?

> PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
> PPP Deflate Compression module registered
> tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
> tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk at qualcomm.com>
> eth0: fs_enet: 00:00:00:00:00:00
> eth1: fs_enet: 00:00:00:00:00:00

These MAC addresses should have been set in the device tree.  If you're
using U-Boot, it should be doing the fixup.

> Populating /dev using udev: /sbin/udevd: '/lib/libc.so.6' library
> contains unsup
> ported TLS
> /sbin/udevd: '/lib/libc.so.6' library contains unsupported TLS
> /sbin/udevd: can't load library 'libc.so.6'
> FAIL
> /sbin/udevstart: '/lib/libc.so.6' library contains unsupported TLS
> /sbin/udevstart: '/lib/libc.so.6' library contains unsupported TLS
> /sbin/udevstart: can't load library 'libc.so.6'
> FAIL

This is a problem with the root filesystem, not the kernel.

-Scott