MPC5200 + BestComm support in QEMU

steve.belanger at ca.transport.bombardier.com steve.belanger at ca.transport.bombardier.com
Wed Aug 24 00:09:17 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm Steve, an embedded software developper for Bombardier Transportation
Canada. We use the MPC5200 for most of our onboard computers inside train
control systems. To enhance our SW engineering process, we would like the
emulate the MPC5200 processor using QEMU, an open source software CPU
emulator. This software supports the MPC5200 CPU emulation.

However, the network interface is handled with the BestComm DMA engine and
it seems very difficult to simulate this co-processor with our current
knowledge level. In that sense, I would like to know if someone was able
to emulate correctly the MPC5200 with the BestComm DMA using QEMU
software?

Regards,

Steve Bélanger, ing. / Eng.
Développeur logiciel embarqué / Embedded Software Developper
Bombardier Transportation Canada Inc.
Train Control and Management System
Saint-Bruno: 450-441-2020 ext.6148

Please consider the environment before you print / Merci de penser à
l'environnement avant d'imprimer

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently. Please note that in order to
protect the security of our information systems an AntiSPAM solution is in
use and will browse through incoming emails.
Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier(s)), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l?usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est, par
les présentes, avisée qu?il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l?avez reçu par inadvertance,
veuillez nous en aviser et détruire ce message. Veuillez prendre note
qu'une solution antipollupostage (AntiSPAM) est utilisée afin d'assurer la
sécurité de nos systèmes d'information et qu'elle furètera les courriels
entrants.
Merci.