kvm PCI assignment & VFIO ramblings

Roedel, Joerg Joerg.Roedel at amd.com
Mon Aug 22 22:55:02 EST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:42:35AM -0400, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 08/22/2011 03:36 PM, Roedel, Joerg wrote:
> > On the AMD IOMMU side this information is stored in the IVRS ACPI table.
> > Not sure about the VT-d side, though.
>
> I see.  There is no sysfs node representing it?

No. It also doesn't exist as a 'struct pci_dev'. This caused problems in
the AMD IOMMU driver in the past and I needed to fix that. There I know
that from :)

> I'd rather not add another meaningless identifier.

Well, I don't think its really meaningless, but we need some way to
communicate the information about device groups to userspace.

	Joerg

--
AMD Operating System Research Center

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH Einsteinring 24 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
Registration: Dornach, Landkr. Muenchen; Registerger. Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632