problem PCIe LSI detected at 32 device addresses (ppc460ex)

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Apr 4 08:09:26 EST 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

>> Ok, I've narrowed the scope of the problem some.  I moved forward
>> to a more recent kernel (2.6.31 to 2.6.36) and that resolved the
>> problem of the controller showing up as every device on the bus.
>> However, from 2.6.37 to the current HEAD, I have not been able to
>> build a kernel to run on the 460EX.  I tried 2.6.37, 2.6.38, and
>> the HEAD and all result in the following kernel panic.  I am not
>> sure how to proceed here.  I suppose we can stick with 2.6.36 since
>> it works, but I'd like to understand what it might take to remedy
>> this.
>
> Smells like somebody changed something with the OF flash code... Josh,
> Grant, any idea what's up there ?

Not sure, more information would be helpful.

Ayman, if you do a 'git log v2.6.36.. drivers/mtd/maps/physmap_of.c',
then you'll see a list of commits touching the mtd driver.  Would you
be able to do a 'git checkout <sha1-id>' on each of those are report
back on at what point things stop working?  Actually, a full bisect
between 2.6.36 and 2.6.37 would be best, but this is a good start if
you're limited on time.  Once you find the first commit where it
fails, do a 'git checkout <sha1>~1' to confirm that it is in fact the
commit that causes the breakage.

Can you also post your device tree please?

Thanks,
g.