[U-Boot] cuImage and multi image?

Chen, Tiejun Tiejun.Chen at windriver.com
Thu Sep 23 00:28:22 EST 2010

I think you can read the file, arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.lds.S, to understand this :)

> I understand that the ramdisk image will be decompressed
> later when trying to boot it.
>
> I have a large ramdisk image. The size of the image itself (i.e. the
> *.gz) is about 4MB. When the ramdisk was being decompressed

Did you try to change link_address on the file, arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper?

> in the later stage. It had the following errors. It seems to
> me that the ramdisk image somehow was corrupted. Did the
> script wrapper mess up the image? Is there any known bug in
> the wrapper? My kernel is 2.6.33.

I tried this mechanism on v2.6.34 and it's fine.

> BTW the ramdisk image can be mounted properly if it's
> separated from the kernel image.

Did you try boot the uImage and the ramdisk separately? For example, you can boot this as the following command:
# bootm ${kernel_addr} ${ramdisk_addr} ${fdt_addr}

Please use this to check if your ramdisk is valid.

Can you paste the whole log from the u-boot prompt?

Tiejun