How to define an I2C-to-SPI bridge device ?

André Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Fri Sep 3 18:36:19 EST 2010

Hi,

we're about to get new MPC8377 based hardware with various peripherals.
There are two I2C-to-SPI bridge devices (NXP SC18IS602) and I'm not sure
how to define a proper dts...

Of course it's an easy thing creating 2 child nodes on the CPU's I2C
device - but how can I represent the created SPI bus ?

Is the (possibly) required driver (of_sc18is60x_spi ?) supposed to be an
I2C slave or an SPI host driver ?

Any help is welcome.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

André Schwarz

MATRIX VISION GmbH
- Entwicklung / Development -
Talstraße 16
D-71570 Oppenweiler

Fon: ++49-07191-9432-420
Fax: ++49-07191-9432-288
eMail: andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
web: www.matrix-vision.de

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner, Hans-Joachim Reich