P1021MDS QE Ethernet Ports

Ioannis Kokkoris johnkokko at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:11:56 EST 2010

Hello,

we are seeing a strange behavior when trying to use the QE Ethernet interfaces.
ENET5 (UCC5 - RMII) interface on P1021MDS boards does not come up if there is no physical link on the ENET1 (UCC1 - MII) Port.
It seems that interrupts from ENET5 are normally received but the link comes up and works properly only if we have physical connection on ENET1.

Can anyone think of a possible reason for this behavior, is there a way to trace this problem?
I can provide any further information needed.

Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
John