Pegasos OHCI bug (was Re: PROBLEM: memory corrupting bug,

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Oct 28 09:05:25 EST 2010

You look for compatible "usb-ohci".

But this doesn't help you.  You do not know yet if the
problem happens for all usb-ohci; for example, it could be
that you have the console output device on usb; or as another
example, it could be that this firmware leaves all pci devices
in some active state.

So as I see it you have only two options:

1) Figure out what exactly is going on;
or 2) make the kernel shut down all pci devices early (either
in actual kernel code, or in an OF boot script).

> The big question that I'm still stumbling over is how to access the device
> registers. The "reg" property looks like this:

You should look at "assigned-addresses", not "reg".  Well,
you first need to look at "reg" to figure out what entry
in "assigned-addresses" to use.

Segher