CONFIG_FEC is not good for mpc8xx ethernet?

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:00:57 EST 2010

> Sorry for this delay response since I'm a bit busying recently:)

No. Don't feel sorry about it. You're not obligated to answer any
questions here. I believe it is the free and willing to help spirit
that drive the open source community (linux particularly) to be such a
success. We all benefit from and contribute to this. :)

> If you're sure that work well at the first time it may be issued from PIN. Are
> the PINs used to MDIO bus multiplexed? Maybe you miss something to re-configure
> PIN with the appropriate mode, OUT direction and some GPIO REGs to bind your PHY
> PINs. I means maybe other drivers also use same PINs and re-configure them, so
> they don't work properly as the first time. So you can try adding some codes to
> re-initial PINs as PHY expect on here to check this again.

After the PIN assignment issue, the cause was simply an unnecessary
reset in fs_init_phy() that was added in the beginning. And I forgot
it. :-P

Tiejun, Scott, many thanks to your kind help.

-Shawn.