Freescale P2020 CPU Freeze over PCIe abort signal

Eran Liberty liberty at extricom.com
Mon Oct 18 22:44:42 EST 2010

tiejun.chen wrote:
> AFAIK we can set one bit on PEX_ERR_DISR to detect PCI Express completion
> time-out. If so one interrupt should be issued. But I'm not sure if this can fix
> your issue.
>
> Tiejun

As I understand the problem, this will not help me as the CPU itself is
on hold waiting for the assembly line to complete. It may give me enough
to spot the faulty situation and crash the system... but I am aiming for
an Enterprise grade product.  Crash/oops is not something I want to put
into the system if I do not absolutely have to and I do have a hardware
watch-dog that will pull me out if I do.

So just for the fun of it I am going to follow up on this PEX_ERR_DISR,
but I do not see how it will help.

-- Liberty