msi_bitmap.c question

Tirumala Marri tmarri at apm.com
Fri Oct 15 09:56:44 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to resubmit a patch for MSI support for ppc4xx devices. One of
the review feedback was not to use the bit map as it is only for the devices
which don’t have hard wired mapping between interrupt controller interrupts
and MSI number. For example intr-ctrl0 interrupt 20 goes to MSI-0, interrupt
21 goes to MSI-1 ..etc. But when I checked  freescale SoCs and cell SoCs
they have interrupts hard wired to MSI interrupts.

Why do they have to use the bitmap and create irqhost, even though they are
one-to-one mapped between interrupt controller numbers and MSI ?

Thx,

Marri